ABSA is an Association incorporated in NSW. It has over 250 private and 70 corporate and institutional members, and membership is open to any person or group that supports the objectives of the Association.
OBJECTIVES OF THE ASSOCIATION
- To support, encourage and promote the study of Australian birds and to contribute to their conservation.
- To establish and maintain a gift fund called the Australian Bird Study Association Fund for Avian Research, in accordance with subsection 78(4) of the Income Tax Assessment Act 1936; for the specific purpose of assisting with the publication of information, the provision of education or the carrying out of research into various aspects of the avifauna of Australia.
Donations over $2 to to the Fund for Avian Research are tax deductible in Australia.
WHAT MEMBERS RECEIVE
Membership entitles you to:
- The ABSA journal, Corella, four times a year.
- The Newsletter, mailed with the journal.
- A generous discount for banding supplies purchased from the Mist Net Service.
- A vote at the Annual General Meeting.
- notification of the annual Scientific Day program.
- Nominate for election to the Committee of the Association.
- Attend field outings to assist in field research.